“I, only I, am HASHEM, and there is no deliverer aside from Me. I have foretold and brought salvation and informed you; there was no strange [god] in your midst. You are my witnesses – the word of HASHEM – and I am G-d. (Isaiah 43:11-12)”
“Do not rely on nobles, nor on a human being [lit. Hebrew, ‘the son of man’], for he holds no salvation. (Psalm 146:3)”
"G-d is not a man that He should be deceitful, nor a son of man that He should relent. (Numbers 23:19)"
“Did you not know? Did you not hear? HASHEM is the eternal G-d, the Creator of the ends of the earth; He does not weary, He does not tire; there is no calculating His understanding. (Isaiah 40:28)”
What is monotheism? It is belief in One G-d. Does this word, monotheism, apply to Christian teachings about G-d? Christians claim G-d came as a human.
Some of the following verses have been misapplied by Christians to their deity, even claiming he spoke some of these words, while also claiming he is G-d in human form. When these verses are looked at in depth, it is readily apparent that they are proposing a contradictory scenario.
For example,
Many logistical questions arise when viewing this verse from the premise of Christian doctrine. Is it possible for G-d to cry out to G-d? Can G-d talk to Himself and forsake Himself and still be One G-d? Is G-d One Entity, One Being or separate distinct individual parts that interact with one another and rank differently to each other?
Christians take these words that David spoke in the anguish of his torment and place them in their god's mouth. When these verses are applied to a man god talking to the father god, begging for a savior, one crying out to the other, then the Christian belief system is no longer monotheistic.
Belief in Christian doctrine necessitates belief in multiple beings, multiple entities and this no longer conforms to the definition of monotheism. It is impossible for One G-d to also be multiple entities. Christian scripture teaches that G-d sits beside Himself, talks to Himself, and keeps secrets from Himself (Matthew 24:36 and Mark 13:32).
The contradictory evidence of Christianity's claim to monotheistic beliefs is enormous. Many verses are applied to the Christian god(s) that in effect prove them to be separate and distinct.
“O my G-d! I call out by day, but You answer not; and by night, but there is no respite for me. (Psalm 22:3)”
Does G-d not answer Himself? Does He asks Himself for things? If He is One, then how could He talk to Himself or request things from Himself and get no response? Separate individual entities are required for this to occur.
“I am obliged to proclaim that HASHEM said to me, ‘You are My son, I have begotten you this day. Ask of Me and I will make nations your inheritance, and the ends of the earth your possession…(Psalm 2:7,8)”
How could G-d, the Ruler and Maker of everything, ask Himself for something? Does G-d not own His creation already?
“I was cast upon You from birth, from my mother’s womb You have been my G-d. (Psalm 22:11)”
Can G-d have a G-d? It is implausible to claim HASHEM can be a master to Himself without acknowledging the distinct and separate nature of the relationship.
“They divide my garments among themselves, and cast lots for my clothing. But You, HASHEM, be not far. O my Strength, hasten to my assistance! (Psalm 22:19, 20)”
David’s enemies wanted to take his royalty from him for themselves. This is understood from the word garments, which represent David’s royal position. If this verse were to be applied to G-d as a human, a number of problems come up. It is impossible for a Monotheistic Being to ask Himself for assistance. Can HASHEM be far from Himself? Does He need assistance?
“Rescue my soul from the sword, my essence from the grip of the dog. Save me from the lion’s mouth as you have answered me from the horns of the reimim. (Psalm 22:21, 22)”
In this verse, David is asking G-d for His salvation. Many Christians also misapply this verse to their deity. Does G-d need someone to save Him? G-d can not ask Himself for salvation. G-d is the Savior and does not need one. G-d can not need a savior and be a savior at the same time. It is verses like the one above that prove without a doubt that the Christian beliefs of G-d are not able to be reconciled with monotheistic beliefs.
"For thus said HASHEM, Creator of the heavens; He is the G-d, the One Who fashioned the earth and its Maker; He established it; He did not create it for emptiness; He fashioned it to be inhabited: I am HASHEM and there is no other. I did not speak in secrecy, some place in a land of darkness; I did not tell the descendants of Jacob to seek Me for nothing; I am HASHEM Who speaks righteousness, Who declares upright things. Gather yourselves, come and approach together. O survivors of the nations, who do not know, who carry about the wood of their graven image, and pray to a god who cannot save. Proclaim and approach; even let [your leaders] take counsel together: Who let this be heard from aforetimes, or related it from of old? Is it not I, HASHEM: There is no other god besides Me; there is no righteous god besides Me and no savior other than Me. Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth, for I am G-d and there is no other. I swear by Myself, righteousness has gone forth from My mouth, a word that will not be rescinded: that to Me shall every knee kneel and every tongue swear. (Isaiah 45:18-23)”
No comments:
Post a Comment