Exodus 3:13, 14
Exodus 3:13, 14, “Moses said to G-d, ‘Behold, when I come to the Children of Israel and say to them, ‘The G-d of your forefathers has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is His Name?’ – what shall I say to them?’ HASHEM answered Moses, ‘I Shall Be As I Shall Be,’ And He said, ‘So shall you say to the Children of Israel , ‘I Shall Be has sent me to you.’”
In this instance, Christians have first stated a belief, the belief being that the man they worship is divine, and then retroactively apply every mention of HASHEM to their deity. They claim that each mention of HASHEM is a prophecy that supports their faith. They believe Exodus 3:13, 14 are revealing the name of their three-in-one combination deity. HASHEM does not tell Moses, "we shall be as we shall be"
This passage details an important dialogue between HASHEM and Moses. HASHEM tells Moses to lead B'nei Yisroel from Egypt , and then HASHEM reveals the name He will use to relate to all of Israel . This is a significant event in the history of the Jewish people, when they are brought closer to HASHEM. HASHEM does not share his reign with anyone. He is not a multiplicity.
“See, now, that I, I am He – and no god is with Me. I put to death and I bring life, I struck down and I will heal, and there is no rescuer from My hand. (Deuteronomy 32:39)”
No comments:
Post a Comment